Saturday, February 21, 2009

Favorite Beauty Products

It's Friday night and I'm sitting at home alone, eating dinner and a grapefruit in front of the computer. And I thought "welcome to the rest of your life." I haven't posted in a while because of everything that's been going on. School, homework, and a breakup can get a girl down. I haven't worked out in a while but at the same time I haven't been eating as much either. Hey, at least that balances it out a little bit. Anyway, I decided to do a post on my favorite beauty products because I really really can't live without these babies.

1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

I switched to using this foundation after being loyal to Clinique Superfit makeup for over three years. I used Clinique consistently because I was satisfied enough to never feel the need to wander. But on a shopping trip with my sister one day, we decided to let the sales associate at the Armani counter try the foundation on us. My sister was sold and bought me a bottle too. I didn't really notice the difference between Armani and Clinique immediately but the more I used it, the most I loved it. The product lived up to its name. It made my skin look luminous somehow. When I went back to using Clinique a few weeks after, it just didn't look the same. I was no longer satisfied with the coverage of the Clinique foundation. And at more than three times the price of the Clinique foundation, it better be a whole lot better. Damn it Armani. You got me. You got me good.




2. Giorgio Armani Loose Powder

Same story as above. It works beautifully

3. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

I didn't want to buy into the hype. I don't really have any problem with my skin texture so I didn't think I would need something like this. But I tried it and I like it. I don't really know how it works or why it works, but it does make my makeup look better.



4. Nars Orgasm Blush

I am ridiculously pale. And it seems as though I'm losing my skin pigmentation gradually because I need a lighter shade of foundation every year. When I started using blush, I realized how a little blush can go a long way. Wearing blush can actually help me look like a living person. While I don't believe that Orgasm is flattering on every skin tone, it does match with my pale Asian skintone very well.


5. Maybelline XXL Waterproof Mascara

I have short, straight, downward-pointing Asian eyelashes. I've tried so many different mascaras but have never been too happy with the result. A lot of formulas make my lashes look thicker but does nothing for the length or the curl. Maybelline XXL Waterproof is my eyelash LIFESAVER. I love this mascara so much I can't even begin to explain. They really do lengthen my lashes by a mile. But more importantly, they keep my lashes CURLED!!! ALL DAY!!! I just curl my lashes and swipe this mascara on and people actually ask me if I'm wearing falsies. If Maybelline changes the formula or discontinues this product I will die. Or I will run to every drugstore in the nation and buy the entire leftover stock because I can't live without this. Maybelline has a lot of different variations of XXL (XXL curl power, XXL intense, etc). I haven't found the other variations to have the same wonderful result. It has to be the waterproof.



6. Clinique 15 Minute Facial

I was using acne topical gel on my face over the holidays and as expected, my skin was super dry and flaky. My sister gave me this mask to use. I spread a very thin layer on my face and leave it on for 20 minutes. 20 minutes later I wash my face off with a warm wet washcloth and voila, my skin felt brand new. It left my skin baby smooth but without that uncomfortably tight feeling. All the flakes and dry dead skin on my face were gone. I loved this so much that I went on ebay and bought two jars after finding out that it was discontinued. I would highly recommend this since it's very gentle but it works.



7. Shiseido Corrector Pencil Concealer

Another LIFESAVER. I have good skin overall but I am very prone to get deep dark blemishes that stay on my face for months. Being a crazy neurotic person that I am, I cannot leave the house until I completely cover all the spots on my face. I was SO incredibly happy when I found the Shiseido Corrector Pencil. Since it is in pencil form, you can apply it precisely onto spots without having to use your fingers. The formula is also very thick and dries well so you don't have to worry about sweating and having your concealer being smudged away. I have normal to dry skin and I never really have to worry about touching up as long as I or other things touch my face. The only down side is that it only comes in three shades. But this is the BEST spot covering concealer hands down and I can't live without it.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. How are the colors in the Armani foundation range? I've never tried them, but I've also been a fan of Clinique's Superfit in the past...the problem is, Clinique's colors are all way too pink for me. I'm pale, but I have more golden/olive/yellow undertones, which is a PITA.

    I've been hooked on Chanel's Teint Innocence, but the American versions are too dark/pink so I have to hunt down the right shade on Ebay, from Europe. Another pain in the tookus, hmph. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Armani foundation has a pretty big range of colors. I used Shell in Superfit which is under the "Very Fair" category and it's still too dark for my skin. The shades in Armani go from 00 to 12.5 and I'm a 5 so there are plenty of shades lighter than mine. You should stop by the counter and ask for a few samples. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete