I am a true California girl at heart. Although I don't obsessively tan, I just love a beautiful sunny day. I discovered the joy of wearing flip flops when I was 16 and my feet have refused to be stuffed into shoes since then. But as I am getting older (yes I'm already feeling scared in my early 20s) and my style is changing, I have decided that I can no longer wear flip flops 365 days a year. I'll always come back to flip flops in the summer when my clothes are more casual but it is time for me to cover my toes when it's raining and 40 degrees outside. I decided to look for tall boots a few months ago to go with my fall and winter outfits. I wanted something fashionable but still reasonable. I just can't run around in 4-inch tall Jessica Simpson boots. It was harder than I expected to find a pair of boots that were reasonably priced with 3-inch heels and a shafts big enough to tuck my jeans into. But I finally found a good and comfortable (so far) pair three weeks ago at Nordstrom. The shafts are still pretty tight and I'm hoping to stretch them out enough to fit in my jeans comfortably. But for now I'm still very excited about my boots because I've never been the skinny-jeans-tucked-into-tall-boots kinda girl.

I also recently purchased my first pair of skinny jeans and a Lady Day Coat from J. Crew that I've been eyeing forever. I bought it in October in Royal Violet for $280 but decided that I would return it and wait for it to go on sale. I don't really see myself wearing a long coat on a daily basis in California but long coats just look so beautiful with a dress. The Lady Day Coat in a Petite 0 fits me perfectly, to a T. I do wish the coat was a little bit shorter though. I decided to put together an outfit for a future day out. I'll update later with a picture of me wearing it.
Day Out by MsDnlyn
No comments:
Post a Comment