Hello, I love you.
That was the only thought running through my head the moment I tried on this pair of Cole Haan boots. As an unemployed graduate student whose feet are averse to real shoes, I initially set my boot budget at $120--I realized after one quick shopping trip how laughable that budget is. I bought my Nordstrom boots and was pretty happy with them. But the moment that I saw the Cole Haan boots, I knew that my Nordstrom boots were no longer up to par. The Cole Haan leather is smooth, supple, luxurious. The boots fit comfortably on my feet and most importantly, these boots had zippers!!! After struggling with pull-on boots during my shopping trips, I was dying to have zippers. These boots were everything that I wasn't looking for. I wanted black leather--they were brown. I wanted slouchy boots--these were straight and perfect. I wanted plain boots--these had large metal ornamentations. But none of it mattered. I knew the moment I tried them on that we were meant to be together. We were going to ride off into the sunset (or drizzling cold rain) together and nothing was going to stop me. Even on sale, these boots are $369, over three times my initial budget. I don't even NEED boots. In California, I can start wearing flip flops again in mid February. But it's love and love knows no rhyme or reason. That, or...I'm crazy. But I don't care. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment