Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I know I'm a little bit late in saying this but I've been pretty busy all last week. I had a superduper fantabulous wonderiffic New Year's Eve and New Year's day in San Francisco. It was lowkey and relaxing, but still the best experience I could have asked for. I'm feeling positive and hopeful about 2009. I have a feeling it will be a good year and even if it's not, gosh darn it, I'm gonna make sure that it's great!

To start the new year off, I had to make a trip to J. Crew to return a few items that didn't work out for me. I returned a Maggie jacket in size P0 because it didn't fit me right. The bodice was boxy but the shoulders were extremely tight. This is very upsetting because I had really high hopes for this jacket and I really wanted a fitted jacket to wear in the upcoming months.

I also returned the Dream Silvie dress that was I so very excited about. Unfortunately, I found the yarn to be a little itchy for my sensitive skin. The dress itself (in size XS) was too long for my 5'3 frame and too loose. So I parted with the dress although I had been waiting so long to own it. Oh well.


I forgot to take pictures of the J. Crew items before I returned them so I can't provide any visual examples of how the clothes fit. So I'll just post a a few eye candies from the new catalog.

Although I'm still waiting for my Lady Day coat and my Cole Haan boots which have both not arrived, I already feel like winter is over. The colors in the new J. Crew catalog got me so excited for spring. I love light, flirty spring/summer dresses and tops. I'm also a little nuts about soft pastel colors like lavender and pink. I had to refrain from squealing when I came upon the wedding section in the catalog filled with beautiful aqua blue hues and pink and purple flowers. And being the sandal maniac that I am, I instantly fell in love with the metallic sandals with the attached roses.




No comments:

Post a Comment